Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I have returned.... Miss me?

I took a week off, with the attempt of avoiding my computer, phone, text, Casey Anthony trial, and reconnecting with my family.  And after a slight altercation with the neighbor kids, and me overreacting due to being stressed, we decided to take off for the week.  We had already planned on going to my mom's lakehouse for the 4th, but we left early to just get away.

I have to say, that while I was gone and trying to avoid all of the above things, I realized my dependence.  I did avoid all "computers", mostly because I left mine at home :-).   I was pretty good at avoiding my phone for a few days, but then went downhill after that..... I did text probably 1/16th of what I normally do, didn't make any phone calls, and searched things only at night while trying to go to sleep.  Unfortunately, the Casey Anthony trial did me in.  I picked the WORST time to try to avoid it.  Closing arguments and mega courtroom drama.  BUT, at least I tried, which of course led to less obsessiveness than I would have had had I not tried at all.

Back to our mini-vaca.  I got up Tuesday morning, starting packing/cleaning (H-A-T-E coming home to a messy house), and finally early afternoon we were ready, kids packed, us packed, dogs packed, and we set off.  We made pretty good time and got there by dinner time. 

We had a great time for our week there, taking walks, playing outside, the kids doing puzzles and playing nicely, playing with our doggies, and relaxing.  My mom/stepdad/niece all came out on Friday to enjoy the 4th of July weekend too, and my niece rocks at keeping the kids entertained, so that was nice.

The kids got to swim in the lake (super cold---braver than me!), and go inner tubing a bunch.  Here are some pics:
Lauren going for a swim

Joshua too!

Lauren showing off her swimming ability!

"I thought this was gonna be exciting"

"Come on, Lauren, Cheer up!"  (She bonked her head while getting in the tube and was in a sad mood)

Wooohoooo!

YEEHAW!
This was the only water play Julia got to do.... even though she would have killed to get in the water.  (It was way too cold for her)

And..... then my camera battery died, and I forgot my charger.  So, that is about all the pictures.  :-(

We had a great time hanging out as a family, but are super glad to be home!

1 comment:

  1. Of course we missed you, although I am glad you had a great time with your family they are number one.

    ReplyDelete