Sunday, July 24, 2011

Only 8000 steps?

We had a busy day planned today with a birthday bbq planned for Chris and Mimi.  My day started at 6am with a shower, cleaning my bedroom/bathroom, getting Julia up, picking up miscellaneous items, cleaning the 2nd and 3rd bathrooms, ensuring the others had "their chores", collecting recycle and garbage, helping Lauren with her chores, frosting cakes, watching my husband vacuum while I chatted on facebook (a priority ya know :-)), cleaning up the dog stuff, scrubbing the deck outside, cleaning up the remnants of my kids/husband water balloon fight today, cleaning the kitchen, and finally laying down at 1pm for a short little eye/body rest.

Our company came, and my husband cooked some delectable New York Steaks on the grill---only his 2nd time and he has perfected the art!  The kids then went outside for some more water balloon action-pegging by Chris... then in the house for some AC cool down, and some cake.  I made 2 cakes for the 2 birthday peeps:
Mimi: requested carrot, but I couldn't have just boring carrot, so I had Pumpkin Carrot Spice cake with cream cheese frosting.  It was really good, very thick, kind of like a cross between a pumpkin pie and a carrot cake.... I guess, hence the name!
Chris: requested apple spice, but again I could be boring, so I added caramel and cream cheese frosting... it was also VERY good.

Definitely a hit among the birthday boy/girl.  They both liked their cake more than the other, which was the point, right?

So, a very busy but awesome day with family.  The portable AC saved us (I know, us washington people are wimps), and my kids are worn out!

Now, for some hanging out time with my husband, which for whatever reason, I adore more than usual tonight.  Maybe it was the vacuuming! :-)

And my pedometer only clocked in 8000 steps.... Oh my.  Can't say what it must say on a normal day.

No comments:

Post a Comment