Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Update on Summer Bucket List Status

  1. Go to Las Vegas!  (date set! :-) YES!  And I just made the emergency list for the babysitters :-)
  2. Organize my craft room Room is cleaned up, and about 3/4 organized--work in progress
  3.  Plant a small herb/flower garden to hang off my deck Ughh, this has stalled
  4. Take the kids to the beach for the day
  5. Take the kids to the Children's Museum.  Yes, we went a week or two ago.  It was lots of fun, and with them constantly adding new things (at least it seems like that when we go seldom) the kids had a lot of fun.
  6. Partake in the "free movie days" at the local theater
  7. Lose, at least, 20 lbs.  I am finally on track, and I can honestly say I may actually do it!
  8. Spend 1 full week at my Mom's Lake House with kids
  9. Secure a new babysitter and make a regularly-planned date nights with my husband
  10. Let my kids grow their hair out, even if the long-shaggy look bugs the crud out of me Still holding strong---and it is driving me NUTS---- Yup, still long and shaggy!
  11. Organize the garage for my husband, so he can do his beloved wood working YUP!   DID IT --- and now it is destroyed again.
  12. Learn how to use my sewing machine in above stated "newly organized" craft room
  13. Go to the zoo with the kids and not be annoyed because I do not like the zoo
  14. Pay off all of our credit card debt (which should be done by July!! :-))  SO CLOSE!  1 payment left ---I am just waiting for my husbands work reinbursements to come in, and then IT IS DONE!  THIS IS GOING TO FEEL SOOOO GOOD
  15. Obstain from buying my kids anymore summer clothes--and instead just do more laundry Doing really well with this
  16. Teach my older kids to ride bikes
  17. Sign them up for at least 2 extra curricular activities this summer
  18. Go one full week without any drive thru/fast food Surely did.  Myself, Lauren, Julia all went a week without.  It was easier than I anticipated.
  19. Talk my husband into allowing the kids to have a trampoline
  20. Enjoy a weird/special show or fair  (one time we went to a tractor show.. it was fun!)
  21. Go Berry picking and make our seasonal jam
  22. Get my husband a new grill so he can cook at least 3 nights a week ;-) He got a beautiful new grill for Father's Day, and has been expertly cooking! Not quite 3 times a week because of the rain, but I am going to work on that. 
  23. Make a dream board to hang in my bathroom to view everyday
  24. Go on a bug hunt with my kids
  25. Get our deck painted (our house if I feel ambitious!)
  26. Family day to the Amusement Park that is not too far from us
  27. Take my loud kids to the library
  28. Completely break my baby of watching Barney! :-) I had her completely broken---no shows for at least 2 months--and then my husband broke down and let her watch it.  *sigh... I yelled at him "You screwed up my bucket list :-)"  But other than maybe 2 random viewings, she is broken.--She has not watched it since that random viewing.  I think we are BROKEN
  29. Get my kids an amphibean (frog/lizard/etc)
  30. One day without TV/phone/computer/Facebook/Blogging/Email.......
  31. Organize and use my label maker to clean out and label my kitchen cabinets I did about 1/2 thus far and still in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment