Thursday, July 28, 2011

Liquored with Lemon drops

I awoke yesterday with a raging headache, took some tylenol, a hot shower, and caffeine.  It kind of kept it at bay for awhile, but I could feel it percolating all day...... however, sometime during that torture, I came up with the idea that I wanted a date night.  Luckily our babysitter was available last minute and she was going to come here at 5. 

Anyway, I muddled through my headache all day, taking it super easy, resting (as much as possible with 3 kids), and around lunch time took the girls to Target for some school supply shopping (another post), and then got back at around 330.  I laid Julia down for a nap (mostly so I could get a quick one :-)), and laid down for some rest myself. 

5pm came, and so did our lovely sitter, so Chris and I went out.  We first went to Anthony's Seafood Restaurant (I was craving the corn chowder), but upon not being able to find a single parking spot, and seeing people lined up, we decided that it was not the evening for an impromptu Anthony's meal.  We, instead, ended up the old fall back---Red Robin.  We had a great dinner (surrounded by 7... YES 7 birthday songs during our meal), and then hit the book store for a little browsing.  Then we went and got the kids their bibles they need for school (and spiritual growth :-)) and headed towards our house.

Along the way, I got the tickling for some lemon drops.  I have never had these (at least I don't recall having done so), and asked the booze lady how to make them and what to buy. 

We went home, where I followed her instructions.  I honestly don't know if I did something wrong, or if that sh** is strong, but it was POTENT.  I cannot say that I will be partaking in such drinks again, unless I find a better way to make it.  But, we still had a great time having some drinks, watching TV, talking and such. 

Really, a good end to a headache-filled day.  I love you Chris, and cannot wait for us to be able to spend a week together---alone---- while frying in Las Vegas.  HAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment