Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Husband!

I don't say it often enough, but I truly adore my husband.  He is kind, thoughtful, loving, giving, a great husband, and an incredible father.

He works so hard for us to be where we are, to have what we have.  I hope for today he realizes how wonderful of a man he is, that we are proud of him, and we wish him a wonderful birthday!

I remember the first time I met him, our first date, I walked up to the restaurant entrance, and there was this TALL man, black dockers, and black leather jacket.  He had such kind eyes, reassuring smile, and very apparently nervous---which endeared me even more.  He wasn't full of himself, he didn't view me as just another woman, but perhaps THE woman.  We had dinner and we talked, and talked and talked.  We watched the table across from ours fill and deplete 3-4 times before we waddled (too much food) hoarsely (too much talking) out of the restaurant.

I knew.  I knew that he was the one.  I knew that someday I would be sharing this, his 38th birthday, with him. 

What I didn't know was: how wonderful of a father he would be.  How much he would love and adore me every second of every day.  How much of a real man he was........ not a cowboy, fix everything, beat up a guy at a bar, type of man... but a treat a woman with respect, love and adore his kids, cry at their births, laugh at their jokes, helps his 2 year old dress in a princess dress, lets his 7 year old put bows in his hair, teaches his son about gross boy bodily functions, works so hard he nearly breaks to provide for us--kind of man.

To this wonderful man who is my husband, I wish you a wonderful birthday, surrounded by the 4 people (and the purse dog) who love you the most!

Thank you for all you do!  Enjoy your special day!






Berry picking

swingset building

bowling teaching

Julia's birth
Showing us the outdoors

Teaching the art of fishing


How to build a bike
Letting Lauren beautify him

Lauren and Daddy on the Ferry

making mud pies

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the pictures.

    It brought back childhood memories.

    Love Tammy

    ReplyDelete