Sunday, June 5, 2011

What a fun fun day!

It was so nice out today, it hit low 70's---which is just about perfect for me.  I started the day off at 530am, took a shower with Julia, painted her nails, enjoyed some hanging out while eating cereal and watching Toy Story until the other kids got up.

Then, Julia and I went outside and assembled the garden planter box:
Then Julia played outside for a bit: (Yes at 630 am :-)


Then, Julia showed the doggie how to eat:  (The picture I missed, was when she actually put her head in the bowl, and pulled out some kibble with her teeth and tried to feed it to the doggy with her mouth----uhhh, GROSS and cute :-))

Then, I came in the house, made breakfast... painted Lauren's nails because she liked Julia's so much, and did some morning chores.

Then the kids and I went out and dug more of the hole that the planter box is going to go in, and put it in its place.  Now, I just have to fill with the dirt and plant stuff!  :-)

After that, I tackled an annoyance we have had for quite some time..... the bathroom fan in our bathroom made some horrid "I am going to die" sound and it didn't work well, so I replaced it.  I am not the "home-fix-it" type of girl, so I must say I am quite proud.
The old icky one---no wonder it wouldn't work

When I was all done---what you couldn't hear was the quiet WORKING hum it made!


Then, I scrubbed the upper deck with a bristle brush and soap, and the kids wanted to play in the sprinkler, but we don't have a sprinkler... so I improvised and I call it the "po'-white-trash sprinkler"  but the kids loved it!
I hung the hose off the deck--HAHA



Then, it was 1130am and I was tired.  I made something (will be highlighted in my Frugal Friday premier---on Friday :-)), had lunch, laid in the sun for a bit, listened to Pandora with the kids, watched a movie (Maid in Manhattan) and then retired to rest time, in which I got about an hour of dozing. 

What a great day, makes me very excited for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment