Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Little Sister Graduated! :-)

Lauren and I traveled over to EWU to see my little sister graduate.  I cannot believe she is starting her life with a career and such.... I still remember the day she was born, her going through some wacky stage of living in her bathing suit (slept, bathed, EVERYTHING), her being a super annoying little sister and all my friends finding her adorable--which I hated. 

And now she is an official adult, and although hard to admit, a pretty cool one too!  Here are some pics:

Yes, it was raining.... on graduation day... in an outdoor/uncovered stadium!  FUN


I don't have awesome zoom on my camera, but can you find Tracey???? (I helped you out a little)

My mom and I... she thinks it makes me look like I have a big snauze.... which I kind of have to agree

Lauren trying to keep warm, and was such a trooper through the rain and the LONG ceremony

I think Tracey is up there... hahaha..... I really need a new camera!

Then after the graduation, Tracey's fiance's mom was having a graduation party, but the girls (Lauren and Taylor) had been so good that I bagged on them (oh, poor me) and took the girls to the hotel to swim in the pool!  We swam for a bit, then went back to the room, I took a nap, the girls played, and then we went back to swimming. 

Then, Lauren and I went out for some much needed Mommy/Daughter time.  We did 2 of Lauren's favorite activities.  We had dinner:

And then she opted to go to the book store and get 3 new books: 






It was great spending time with just Lauren.  And, of course I am so happy with all 3 of my kids and that I have each and every one of them, but when you get to spend time with just 1 for an extended period of time, you get to see some of the cool things you miss when they are all together. 

Plus:  I got asked why there are teenagers having babies  (in which the answer was: because they are doing irresponsible activities that make babies before they are not old enough to partake in and handle the responsibility of those activities) AND how do babies get in there (I put her off for a brief amount of time, so I can formulate the answer I wish her to posses)... and then "Mommy, do you do those irresponsible activities?"  (Which I answered that when you are married and can take care of a baby, it is not irresponsible, but that the Dr made it so I couldn't have babies anymore when I had Julia, so I won't be having any more kids). 

I am glad she is asking such questions, and believe it or not, I am excited to be answering those questions for her.  (Before someone else does).  I need to find a book. HAHAH

No comments:

Post a Comment