Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lauren was in Aladdin!

So, Lauren finally finished her Aladdin play she has been working so hard on.  Since February, her, and all of her fellow actors/actresses have been slaving away multiple times a week to pull it together, and for 7-11 year olds, I think they did extraordinarily well.  It was really cool to see!

My little girl, who once puked and snotted all over her fancy dress and refused to stand with her 3 year old preschool class to sing a Christmas song, actually chose to do this, practice, and performed in front of everyone.  She did all her moves correctly, did all the facial expressions and just did a wonderful job.  I am very proud of her stepping out of her comfort zone and doing this.

We also had a little party where her Grandma, Aunt and Uncle, and 2 cousins came to help support her and then go see the show.

Here is Lauren in her costume... sorry for the awful picture, it was on my phone camera, and my camera wouldn't work right---(hint hint, I need a new one for my birthday ;-))  And, each child gets a DVD of the performance as well... so that will be super fun to watch!

Homemade cupcakes!

Lauren before her 3rd performance

Picture of her in her performance

Flowers she got from Grandma and Taylor

Flowers and balloon she got from us!

Card from Grandma and Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment