Friday, June 3, 2011

Once again...cuteness gets her by!

It has been a really long day... a really REALLY long day. 

I had my leftover chores from yesterday that I didn't get done, although last night I did feel better and got some of the things widdled away (dog groomer, made cupcakes).  So, I started the day off at 6am, and texted "Olga" to try to con her into doing cardio with me---- to no avail.  (She had to teach classes).  Then I got ready, got the kids ready, and was out of the house by 740, to get Lauren to school for early morning play practice.  8am, I was at the grocery store, shopping away with 2 kids and 2 doughnuts (and some very sticky kids when we were done.)

Went off to the gym to work on my fitness, and had the timer on the elliptical set for my new record---60 minutes.  However, Julia decided to poop while we were there (which is about an every other day at the gym occurrence, I think they squeeze it out of her).... and they don't change diapers, so I had to stop my cardio, and address that, but since I had already done nearly 40 minutes, I just stopped.

Then went home, dropped off groceries, did some chores, (watched some Casey Anthony Trial coverage), and then went and picked Lauren up from school at 1130.  She had 2 different productions today and so I took her out of school for a few hours so she could rest and replenish.  (She does not do well when she doesn't get down time).  Chris came with us, and we grabbed lunch (teriyaki as per the actress request), and came home to eat it, had rest time.... Then I was up and running at 3pm, took a shower, got dressed, got Lauren ready, frosted cupcakes that I had made last night, and did some party prep, and then took her back for her 2nd production..... Came back home, cut Joshua's hair, gave him a bath, got Julia and Joshua ready, and we all headed to see Lauren in her play! 

However, Julia had another plan.  She proceeded to SCREAM BLOODY MURDER when we even entered the auditorium.  I could not subject all of the other people to her 2 year old fits, so her and I went out, and never managed to get back in.  (She screamed any time I came close to the doors).  So, we walked, we smelled flowers, we played at a playground, we attempted to detour her from the magnetic quality of the road, we watched baseball players, we identified letters on the building, we knocked on empty doors, we sang songs.......  It was very long.  Very frustrating.  And I was sad I didn't get to see Lauren. 

But, once we got home (and celebrated with some ice cream), the cuteness returned and Julia redeemed herself.  She jumped around the living room, singing some song and dancing and had some ice cream, which she proceeded to share with the dog. 


That is ice cream on his nose :-)

Luckily, Lauren has 2 more productions tomorrow, of which we have a babysitter for, so I will actually get to see my baby girl---which from the words of others, is doing VERY well in her play!

Children are exhausting.  They really are, but SO worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment