Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Swimming Lessons!

I finally got my kids into swimming lessons, they had them last year and we very much enjoy the instructor as well as the pool they are in is super warm (Unlike the bigger pools (ie: the YMCA or H.S. pool), and with the kids as young as they are, I really don't want them to freeze. 

Anyway, so I got them into a private lesson where it is just them and the instructor.  Last time Julia was in it (which was a Mommy and Me class when she was 13 months old) she DETESTED it, and screamed bloody murder the whole time she was in the pool.  So, this time, we walked in and she started screaming and kept screaming for about 4 minutes after she got in with Miss T.  Then she realized she liked it.   By the end of the lesson she was dunking her head, being dunked without complaint, splashing, blowing bubbles and threw a HUGE fit when we had to take her out!  I knew, if given time and opportunity, she would be a fish like the other two! 

They are all doing very well, Lauren is fine tuning her crawl stroke, Joshua is really just learning the basics, and Julia getting acclimated to the water.  Here are some pics:

Waiting for their turns

Julia being floated! 

Lauren and her crawl stroke!  WTG LAUREN

Joshua doing some underwater swimming

Joshua back float

Lauren back float.... pics like this make me realize how TALL she is getting

Waiting for instructions



Then we came home, and partook in my "from scratch" cooking attempt!  My husband says it was a hit! 
Homemade Clam Chowder (I did not make the bread bowl---but I can ;-)

The kids in a mini bowl. 

My dinner :-)!!!!  I don't like clam chowder (however, I tasted it and it was REALLY good!)

(Here is the recipe:
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup of butter
1tsp minced garlic
3-4 cups cubed potatoes
1 bottle of clam juice
3 6oz cans of minced oysters (2 cans drained, 1 can with the juice)
1/2 cup flour
1 quart half and half
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste


Put all of this in the crockpot on low.  I cooked for 8 hours (although you can do less, when the potatoes are cooked you are good to go).  It did separate a bit (butter/milk) however, I just whisked it a few times throughout cooking and then prior to serving and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment