Saturday, June 18, 2011

Great Date Night---Frugal attempt-FAIL

Chris and I went out for date night last night.  We had a great time at a fabulous restaurant, which I attempted to use my budding frugality as a theme!  We had a 50.00 gift card, and prior to leaving the house I was able to locate a 25.00 off your meal coupon.  The stipulation for the 25.00 off was for both of us to buy entree's (I hadn't planned on getting a full entree').  The food was really good and the sights even better!




However, even with my coupon/gift card, our meal was 70.00.  BUT, on a brighter note, we had never been, it is definitely a place "to go in Seattle", and we paid less than 1/2 of what it would have usually cost.  SO, maybe it was a success.  Now, in order to even come CLOSE to our "not spending more than $130.00 more on food in 2 weeks"  it will be tough, especially considering we have a Father's Day Brunch on Sunday.  Hmmmmmm, I am thinking we will not make it, but I am still going to try!

Then, my husband decided to allow me to get my birthday present a few months early!  Here it is:






Although in my current research of finding a picture for you---I found that it comes in RED.  Hmmmmmm, I don't know if packing everything back up, driving back to the store, probably having it special ordered is worth the RED.  But..... RED!!!! :-)

I cannot wait to start using my new camera, now if only I wasn't so sluggish today.  My wonderful husband did let me go back to bed this morning for 830-1030am, after I got up and made breakfast and such, and I just downed a Red Bull, so I HOPE I can get up and do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment