Friday, June 17, 2011

Frugal Friday

I know, I have failed to start my frugal fridays off with a bang.  I am not the great couponer that can get $1000.00 for $.32........... I am just not frugal.  I am a "buy it when I want it" type of person.  However,  for the next 2 weeks,  I have set a goal in which I hope to achieve. 

I would like to spend less than 300.00 on food.  This includes my husbands coffee every morning, groceries, eating out, etc.  (I spent 170.00 today, so I have 130.00 left)

Some of the frugal things I have "tried" to do:  I had to buy gift cards for a gift, however, they were on some special... buy $50.00 gift card, get $10.00 grocery store "money"..... so I bought the cards I was going to anyway, and have $50.00 to just spend on groceries, which should help with my lack of spending more than 130.00 in 2 weeks!

Also, I have specifically bought things lately that have enabled me to obtain 2 free movie tickets for Cars 2, which we hope to go see for/around Joshua's birthday in a few weeks! 

My husband and I have an upcoming date night, and we have a gift card from christmas, so I made a reservations there, and therefore I am thinking our total bill (for a $50.00+ a plate restaurant) will be under 30 out of pocket!

Chris and I have discussed seriously about cancelling our cable and using "free-ish" services.  So instead of paying $200.00 a month, we will be paying around $20.00.  NICE!

Wish me luck.  I want to be frugal, but I am lazy..... so it is a problem.  Being frugal takes a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment