Sunday, June 26, 2011

The face of 5th's Disease

Thus far, I have considered myself lucky--we have skirted the annoying childhood virus, 5th's Disease.  Then, Lauren had some pink cheeks yesterday..... she is usually one that will have pink cheeks, and it was warm, she didn't have a fever or feel sick, so I wasn't all that concerned.  Then this morning, she had even brighter pink cheeks with weird "barriers" (it wasn't just the pink circle cheeks we get when hot).  I had her strip, and sure enough, a very light/mild/mottled body rash.

My pink cheeked little girl

We had a party to go to today, and usually I would just be like "suck it up family, it is an annoying childhood disease and you probably have already had it" but we have a family member with a decreased immune system, and I don't want to be responsible for her demise ;-).  As per research, Lauren (with the rash) is not contagious, however, the other 2 probably are in the incubation period.... SOOOOO, I have to stay home today, with 3 kids, alone---while my husband goes and parties.  *sigh  (Oh, and it is going to be a bright sun-shiny day.  So sunbathing sequestering may be in order.)

Day 2 of 5th Disease Rash (or day 9-12 of disease :-))



No comments:

Post a Comment