Sunday, May 22, 2011

What to blog about.....

I need to find a topic to blog about, and I am running a blank.  Maybe my goings on today?
---My husband, my son, and now me are sick.  Wicked sore throat, headache, body ache..... kinda sucks. 
---I went to the store JUST to get Dayquil, but in my haste to try to get a flavor my husband wouldn't spew all over the kitchen---I got Nyquil.  Ooops, oh and I forgot the "Puffs with a Potion" for my husbands delicate schnauze.... I guess I was a little off today.
---Then we had a death in the family last night, so I packed up to go to my Mom's to take care of my niece..... (she can't miss school, my kids can.......), so after the house was clean, the dog all set up, my husband lectured on how to "be alone" (just in case he forgot!), the kids and I ventured out.  It was an uneventful few hour drive, until I look in the back to see blood dripping off my sons face---benign bloody nose from his cold and perhaps a bit of "digging for gold", but needless to say, I was glad that he was dressed in a red shirt.  Poor kid, looked like he had been punched (maybe he had---I hadn't been watching Lauren ;-) just kidding)
---I got to my Mom's, retained my niece from the neighbors, and settled in for a stay. 
---After I was able to get Julia to take a nap (so what if I had to take one too.... hahah) my niece wanted to practice her culinary skills and cook dinner for everyone!  HAVE FUN! :-)
---So, my kids are happily fed, very entertained, and super excited to be here.  Oh, and Julia has made a mortal enemy out of the cat.  Oops

Of course, after I volunteered to stay here and keep my niece in school, I realized that this week was actually a very busy week for my kids....preschool graduation, last play practices before production, etc....... And me, being the OCD-planner-freak, am trying to figure out how I am going to accomplish it all.  Oh well, such is life!

Oh yeah, and I am tired.  Super super tired.  I know, that is a constant complaint of mine, but I am.  I am glad my niece is so willing and able to help with my kids.  Right now, they are eating ice cream outside while alternating jumping on the trampoline---and I am too tired to tell them not to do such activity after eating.  To quote Lauren once when asked if she could play her DS at bedtime, "My mom doesn't care what I do or when I go to bed, as long as I don't bug her...."   Pretty much sums it up, good observation Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment