Sunday, May 15, 2011

But want is different than need.

Yes, I am the "mom with a minivan".  I begged for this minivan when we found out we were having Julia.  I begged, and pleaded, and fantasized.  Then, in the December before we had Julia, Chris got into an accident (not his fault, and no serious injuries!), but it totalled the car.  So, since we had to get a new one anyway, I was to GET MY VAN!  :-)

I have had this van for 2.5 years.  I am over it.  I don't really like it much.  There is no trunk space, it is an older/basic model, so it doesn't have automatic doors, the seats aren't that comfy.... I am over it.  I want a new car.  But how do you rationalize getting a new car when you have other things that should take priority?  Want is so different than need...........

We just recently had to get Chris a new truck---the SUV we had prior was dying a slow and painful death.  And it was his turn to get a new vehicle... .so he got one.  BUT, while we were waiting for them to fix all the little things on our new toy and get it all spiffy, we got a loaner car.  Ummm, I liked it way too much.....  So, I am pondering this:

No comments:

Post a Comment