Saturday, May 7, 2011

Julia-- expert at hide and seek......

So, Julia has caused many of my gray hairs.  This kid is a Houdini.  She is my 3rd kid, I feel I am pretty on the ball and have thought or encountered everything a kid can do---then she surprises me.  Once, while I was trying to go pee, she snuck out of the back sliding door--and closed it, in the rain, with very little clothes on, went down the back stairs (which I didn't know she could do) through the back yard, to the swingset and up the ladder to the top (another thing I didn't know she could do) in a matter of 2 minutes.  I swear she had this all planned out, saw me heading down the hallway and ran to put her plan into action.  I came out looking for her, only realizing she was outside because the dog was inside..... I look outside, can't find her, call for her--don't hear her and start to panic.  THEN, I hear her little voice say "Hi Mommy" from the fort on the swing set.  Ugh.........

So, today......... I went to my friends daughters' birthday party.  Chris offered to keep Julia so she could get her nap (which she hasn't been taking lately).  So, before I left, I put her to bed, put the baby gate in front of her door (my trick to keep them from wandering the house during nighttime), and went to the party.
     When I got home, I went to check on her.  Her door was open, but she wasn't there.  So, I went downstairs--thinking she was with Chris.  She wasn't.  I ran back upstairs, throwing her blankets off her bed, throwing her sisters blankets off her bed thinking she had covered herself up and I just didn't see her.  Nope.  I started panicking.........  Then I find her in the closet:
This kid is gonna give me a run for my money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment