Friday, May 6, 2011

Steep Cornea?

So, today I went and had my eyes checked so I could get more contacts.  I had been procrastinating going for some time.... not because I don't enjoy going---kind of an uneventful type of doctor visit for me---but rather because I usually have Julia with me, and Julia....in a place with tons of glasses?  H-E-L-L.  Anyway, so I conned Chris into driving me there, and keeping the kids entertained (in the car) while I had my exam. 

First, can I say that eye clinics move at one pace??? SLOWER THAN SLOW.  I was feeling guilty that Chris was waiting in the car, and they were moving so slow.

Anyway, I received my exam and the guy gave me some new contacts... I put them in and they didn't quite fit.  Which is when I was told I have "steep corneas".... I have had many things told to me, heard many "diagnosis", had numerous eye exams, but never that I have "steep corneas".  I guess this explains why I have always had problems with new contacts, I have had to stay with the same ones since I was 16..... of which they are currently discontinuing. 

So, my choices of brands/prices to choose from are severely decreased because of said "Steep corneas".  Daily wear-throw away, no can do.  Inexpensive types that aren't like 50.00 a box?  Nope.  All those specials on mail orders?? Nope.  Special lenses for me.  At least I know I am special in some way!  :-)

But other than that, it was a good day.  All my "mother's day" stuff is taken care of (sent flowers yesterday), my house is clean, most of my laundry done, and everyone is snuggled into Friday night veg.  I am looking forward to Sunday, I don't know what, if anything, my family has planned...... but I am a great Mom, I deserve a great Mother's Day, right????? 

On another note.  It is very difficult for us to find a suitable babysitter.  We have had 2 GREAT childcare providers, and 1 that we still use when we can..... but when you can't provide fulltime salary, and you would prefer not to have a teenager that lives on her cell phone, or have to drive them, or just doesn't understand yet the IMPORTANCE of their responsibility---it is hard.  I am motivated and determined to find that perfect person (again.... we can find 3 in a row, right?) so that my husband and I can have prescheduled/reoccuring date nights.  We need that.  Oh, and if I want to go to get a girly exam without my kids at the end of the table asking anatomy questions---I may use a babysitter as well.

These are our specs... they aren't too picky are they?

We are looking for a “date-night/Dr appointment” type of childcare provider. We are a Christian based family with 3 very well behaved/autonomous children. Currently we are just looking for only date night or appointments (so a few times a month), however I, Heather, am thinking of returning to work part time in September (2-4 days a week where the hours would be 2-6pm) and would need you for this as well.

--Childcare in our home only which is in a nice family neighborhood in XXXXXXXXXX (about 1/2 a mile from Target). We have a fenced backyard with play equipment
--No visitors/friends/etc
--We would prefer a female over 18, but if you are 16/17 and responsible we will definitely consider it.
--We are open to having you bring a child or two as long as they are similar ages to ours, are well behaved, and display the behavior we instill in our children. (No swearing, hitting, fighting etc)
--Must provide your own transportation and be punctual and dependable
--VERY limited phone/text convos while with our children. (We have had problems with this with past sitters)... emergencies only please.
--Pay is negotiable, PLEASE INCLUDE EXPECTATIONS OF HOURLY RATE IN RESPONSE
--We require a background check, a picture of your current drivers license, and no criminal record.
--Limited TV time: with playing/books/crafts/outside play in lieu
--We have a dog, but if you are not a dog person we are ok with him staying in his kennel while we are gone. He is a pug mix puppy, so not a big nor vicious dog.
--You are responsible for our children and any mess you or the kids make while you are present. You are NOT here to clean our house, cook our meals, or do our chores. Unfortunately that is my job ;-)
--We will be signing a contract that will protect you and us....


Please let me know if you feel you may be that perfect person. We have had awesome childcare providers in the past, but due to us not being able to provide a consistent/full time income, they had to move on---which we understand.... but you have some big britches to fill! :-)

We will be holding interviews at a public location (Starbucks, outdoor public park, McD’s playland... etc) hopefully this next week.

Take care, and best of luck in your search for the perfect family.

Chris and Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment