Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Traveling we will go.......

We have had a pretty low key day today.  Got up, Chris was sweet enough to go get coffee and breakfast for the kiddos (coffee for him/breakfast for them :-)), then I went to go work out with "Olga" for a bit and was notified that my weekly cardio hours needed to be increased *sigh.  Then came home, got everyone fed and gathered up for a family outing.  Pretty quickly into it I started not feeling so well, so Julia and I were driven home for a nap, and the other 3 kept on their driving trip.  I felt really bad that it was my idea for an outing, and I bagged on them, but I just couldn't hang...... Then we got up, the kids played outside with the puppy, we had leftovers (NO COOKING FOR ME!), and are now all doing relaxing things....... blogging/video games/watching movies etc.

So right now, I am laying here on my bed.... Julia is soaking in the bathtub (within my view, and I can play on my computer----it is called multi-tasking!), and I am kind of planning our trip to CA.  (On which the "when we are going" has to be remain secretive as per my husband and his security job! :-))  We went to Disneyland last year, left Julia with my mom, and had a GREAT time with the older kids.  We decided, due to their ages then, that flying was the best way to go, but Chris really wants to embark on road trips with the kids, and along the way, explore our beautiful land.  So this year, we are planning on doing this.  Julia will be with us since she actually is a pretty good car traveler.  We will be ending up at D-Land and surrounding parks, however, it won't be the "main attraction" as we intend to stop along the way to take in the sights.  I am sure my husband has many places he wants to see, but after research I am thinking of a road trip similar to this:

1st day (a Friday): To Crescent City, CA
2nd day (Saturday): Explore Redwood Forest then make our way to San Francisco
3rd day (Sunday): Drive to Hearst Castle along Hwy 1 (with Dramamine) and stop there to stretch legs and see the Castle----Then proceed to Anaheim area.
4th day (Monday): Low key explore day.... maybe a small amusement park or a hotel veg day or something.
5th day (Tuesday): Disneyland!!!!!
6th day (Wednesday): Another park of choosing
7th day (Thursday) : Another park
8th day (Friday): Drive from Anaheim to Medford (hoping to stop in and at least have dinner with a friend who lives there!)
9th day (Saturday): Medford to home.

I am kind of looking forward to it, and kind of not.  Me+driving+3 kids= Grumpy.  BUT, my kids deserve such memories, SO, I will take my drugs, suck it up and have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment