Friday, April 22, 2011

I have always wanted to be.........

an extreme couponer.  I don't know why, but those people that can spend 8.00 for carts upon carts full of stuff that retail for over 1000.00 are awe-inspiring to me.  Many months ago, when money was a tad tighter, I did rather well on doing price matching, checking for sales, and buying according to sales.  I could feed our family of 5 for about 450-500 a month including diapers/cleaning/HB stuff.

Well, that has long since passed.  I got lazy.  My husband obtained a job that pays more--therefore I have taken it upon myself to spend more.  I really want that discipline to save.  It upsets me on how much debt we would have (none) and money in the bank (oodles) if I was responsible.  Also, I was finding that with those sales and such, we were eating more junk.  Top Ramen has awesome sales, and so does ground beef, and chips.  When I decided to feed our family more on the organic line and more pure, the prices went up exponentially............  And all of this brings me to today.

I should have looked for sales.  I should have planned our Easter meal from those sales, instead of browsing pics online and being like "oooh, that looks good... I am going to make that".  And, my ignorance on meat cuts/prices led me astray.  "Beef tenderloin---looks good, and must be similar to pork tenderloin in shape and price and such, right?".......... Umm, no.  Not so much.  I actually feel rather guilty on how much I spent on that damn meat.  Think of all the poor people I could have fed.... houses I could have built in 3rd world countries........ Ok, exaggerating a tad, but you get my drift.

I would actually pay someone to shop cheap for me... I would save money.  Sounds backwards, but it is true.

Anyway, this is what we are having for Easter: 
---Peppercorn Crusted Beef Tenderloin
--Twice Baked Potato
--Honey Glazed Carrots
--Asparagus with Tarragon Sauce
--Rolls


And all I have to say is, I had better not F up that meat, and it better look EXACTLY like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment