Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter was a success!

So, I was the "Easter Host" this year for Chris' parents/brother.  Now for those who know me well, party hosting/cooking/entertaining is really not my forte'.  However, I welcomed the challenge this year.  I had ideas of grandeur in the meal planning, time line, and such.  And....... I was so shocked I pulled it off.  I am actually proud.  I am proud that I didn't stress about it for days (I actually stressed very little), I am proud that I recruited and eagerly-happily received help from all members of the household.... I am proud that I DID NOT F UP THE MEAT! :-)  Here are some pics:

Kid's Easter bags:
 Julia Easter Egg Hunting:
 Joshua and Lauren hunting:

 Our Easter Dessert (with the fogged out last name:  Sorry no last names on my public blog :-))
 My super adorable little girl!  (Who will NOT hold still for a picture):
 Twice Baked Potatoes:
 Peppercorn-crusted Beef Tenderloin:  PERFECTLY COOKED!  :-)
 Honey-glazed baby carrots:
 Steamed asparagus with a Tarragon sauce (not pictured!):
 The first time we have had a legitimate "kids" table.... absolutely adorable

*Sigh.  So with a huge smile on my face and feeling of relief I pulled it off.  I wonder why family gatherings cause me so much angst.  Perhaps it is because I want them to go without a hitch, I want them to be perfect,  I want everyone to have a great time.... and today, that all happened.   Happy Easter everyone.  Maybe, just MAYBE I will do this more often.  Now......... if only I could sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment