Friday, August 26, 2011

"The next available representative"

So, the nice parents-in-laws took my older children for a few days, it was a great break.  Chris and I took Julia to Toysrus and out to dinner last night to spoil her rotten (she is SUCH a hoot, and super good when it is just her), and then today, Julia and I got up, brought our breakfast in my bed and settled in for a "relaxing morning".

I decided that since I had all the time in the world to be on hold while cuddling with Julia, I would call Expedia.  When we went to Vegas we booked through them.  They are having an issue with providing us an itemized statement (for business reimbursements).  I don't quite understand what the issue is to be honest...... we paid the money, they are a service, if we want to know what we paid for, we should be able to know.  However, they don't want to reveal their cheap rates and such.  Anyway, I have emailed them consistently the past few weeks to ask them for this itemized statement, and I get a cut and paste answer.  Then, they finally came back with a "back door method" of finding out charges since they should be billed separately on the charges (Airline one charge, hotel another).  That didn't happen in this case, they billed it as an all inclusive.  I have called them prior and waited 62 minutes on hold before my phone died.   So, anyway, I decided to call today and just sit here "waiting".  Let's make a long story short.... I was on hold for nearly 2 hours (110 minutes), and never did reach a real person because obviously the "next available representative" didn't get to me.  During this time, I did 2 loads of laundry, shopped online, did a schedule for the up-coming school year, and swore a lot (silently... Julia snuggling next to me, remember?).  After a little over an hour, I had to get up and do stuff, so I took my phone with me, but it wasn't on a charger, so after 110 minutes, it died too.  ALMOST 2 HOURS OR WAITING FOR NOTHING.  I will never ever ever ever use Expedia again.

Anyway, after I took a deep breath and got over that, I made Julia lunch and we sat at the table and ate together and chatted.  She also had a minor interest in potty and toilets today.  We were not successful, however, just the mere fact that she shows interest and labels her "activities" while she is doing it give me so much hope!  I was just chatting with a friend the other day that I have had a kid in diapers since Lauren was born.  I never had a break.  I am so so so tired of diapers.

So, after lunch, Julia and I went outside and played with Josie.  Then we sat on the swings and just sat.  It was so nice and sweet to just hang out with her.  She would look at me and just smile a coy smile.  Adorable!  I am really looking forward to the time alone we are going to have in 12 more days.  Her and I have never had much alone time together....... when Joshua was in preschool we did, but so much time was spent taking him back and forth and such, I didn't get to really hang with her.

She then took a nap, I rested and we embarked on a very traffic filled drive to pick up the older kids.  I don't know where everyone was going, but it was nuts.

*The older kids were picked up.
*Joshua and Julia showed their love by fighting the whole way home.
*Chris showed his love by having dinner all ready when we got here and since it was pizza and movie night, he didn't have to do much, but I am very thankful he did the ordering!  1 less thing I had to do.
*We watched Tangled while the older kids cuddled up next to us, I think they missed us.

It was a good night.  I really adore my family, even when they drive me crazy-mad-nuts a lot of the time!

Not necessarily tonight, but a beautiful sunset out of our back window! 

No comments:

Post a Comment