Thursday, September 1, 2011

Gettin' squirrly

I don't know what it is about this time of year... perhaps the ending of summer with the prospect of short/cold/rainy days cooped up in the house.... but whatever it is, this time of year I get "squirrly".  Meaning, I am uncomfy in current situations and want to change-------right now it is the house.

I have so many things I want to be changed/done.  So many ideas to embark on.  Currently the ones that are in the works are:
*Garage door opener (should be in by next week)
*Turning family room into husbands man cave (Doors coming in the next month or so, and he is on the lookout for a couch)--but then I have to think of paint/design/carpet
*Changing out the blinds with new, cleaner, sleeker blinds.  When we changed the ones in the girls room with their redecoration, I realized how much I loved them.  So, now we have a new set for Joshua's room and the living room.  Just waiting for some time to install them.  (My husband---not me.)


And then the things that are waiting in the wings, that are driving me nuts!
*New living room upstairs.  With new couches and such.  I feel our house is "boring"... lots of browns/tans/creams.  I want something to POP.  Something vibrant.  Something shocking, but also subdued, because I don't know how long I can handle shocking.
*A photo wall
*Eventually change the bedroom configurations.  With the current master bedroom changing into a "kid play room/guest room".  With a couch, toys, tv. Etc.  This will probably be a change in process as in: in order to do this the downstairs room has to be converted to our master with paint and the bathroom has to be "kickin".  (or prettily designed).  Julia has to be old enough to be left upstairs without adult constant supervision.  And we will need a new TV for our new room (hang on wall/flatscreen) and the closet done with organizational shelving.  Etc.
*I REALLY DESPISE our kitchen.  The cabinets are in fine shape, they just need to be refaced and then new appliances.  After that, the place will be my "castle".  I do not know what the other owners were thinking when they painted the cabinets cream and "distressed" them, and then put in white appliances.  REALLY?  But, since we never really settled ourselves in the house, we didn't want to go through all the haslte of changing.  I think that is where all of this may come from..... we are finally settling. 
*New carpet in all the bedrooms/family room. 
*Repaint exterior or the house.
*Re decorate the little man's room.  It is currently trains, which was super cute when he was itty bitty, but he is growing, and I would like to make it a little "older" for him.  (Not to mention, he has been peeling away the border lately..... I guess he doesn't want it either).


I am sure there are more things that are driving me crazy, but my mind is swirling with ideas right now, so I can't think of any more.

Also, if anyone has creative juices they want to let loose, and slave labor they want to volunteer, let me know.  I will be more than happy to accept it!

(especially kitchen cabinets!)


No comments:

Post a Comment