Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I think I am back! :-)

I have been bad about blogging.  Horrible.  Terrible.  Neglectful.  And for all of those reasons, I am sorry.  The move to Arizona was a big one, with lots of stress and some struggles, but is working out well and I am LOVING it here. 

Chris had some struggles with a neck issue and surgery followed, but after 3 months he is on the mend, doing well, and our lives are starting to get back to normal.

Lauren is loving school and doing so well!  She is growing up to be a wonderful (and slightly mouthy) young lady, turned 10 in December and I am sure will be taller than me any day now!  She loves crafts and writing, is in the choir and actually has a voice!  I was amazed when I heard that.  HAHAH. 

Joshua is also doing well in school.  I can't say he as much of a fan as the girls are, but he does his job and goes to school, gets good grades, and comes home to his love---xbox.  He (well actually all of them) very much enjoy playing video games, kindles, etc.  He is also into legos and loves to read!  The other day I took all of them to the library, and you would think we were in a candy store, we couldn't care the stuff out when we were done!

Julia.  What to say about Julia.  She just turned 5, is the pride of her preschool teachers eye, and is the most happy, joyful child ever.  She is always dancing, singing, prancing around the house.  I often say "Julia is in Julia's world".  She just lives in such a different world than us---a wonderful and happy world.  I love it!  (Right now she is actually mopping and scrubbing the floor.  There is a lot of water involved in this process, but I must say, she is a mopper in the making!)
And then there is me.  I am doing so well down here!  Arizona was a great move for me.  My depression is quite manageable here, the sun is always shining and I make a point to sit in it for at least an hour a day.  Actually Chris and I sit outside in the afternoons, chatting, and just relaxing.  It has centered me and in a lot of ways helped me heal.  I have worked since October, but decided to take the summer off to spend time with the kids.  They are at wonderful ages, I am in a great mental place, I am going to take advantage of it!  BTW--summers in Arizona start early, and mine actually started last week!  :-)  I have a few more patients I am seeing (I am working home health, which will take another blog post to explain) and I should be done really soon.  But right now I am only working saturdays for a few hours, so it is easy peasy!

Well, that is all for now!  I will try to make more posts so that I can share with you the last years goings on.  But, I tend to do better in the summers, so I am hoping to at the very least, keep up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment