Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day Trip to Sedona

For this Mother's Day, out of all the things I could have chosen, I chose a trip to Sedona.  We packed everyone up, stopped and grabbed a picnic-ish lunch, and embarked on our way.   The 2 hours seemed to take a little longer than usual, however the sites at the destination were fabulous.  It also rocked that it went from 100 degrees to 79.  :-)

On the way we stopped at a park in Anthem, Az.  This is a unique community that I would actually love to live in, however it is a far commute for Chris, so off limits!  It had a wonderful park with play equipment, a train ride, pond for fishing, baseball fields and basketball courts.  So, we let the kids run around a little bit and burn off some energy (as well as a layer of skin) and then we headed on our journey.

Before we moved here, I had this picture of Arizona as a flat desert without color (other than brown and peach)..... But, there are actually colors here!  Flowers, bushes, colorful cacti, and we even found huge trees!

Thank you to my wonderful family for taking me on my Mother's Day Trek, and even more so for making me a Mommy!  Lauren, Joshua, and Julia, you are the best kids any Mom could ever ask for.  Even though you are sometimes loud and disobedient, you are also all kindhearted, sweet, smart, moral, and I am so proud to have you call me Mommy.  Also, thank you to Chris for making me a Mommy as well as putting in all the effort towards me having a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment